This summer has been filled with sun-drenched days and sky-high temperatures, so it’s easy to create little island getaway right in the comfort of your own home.
All you need is the following menu, a bottle of Selection Chili Sauce, and some great music:
-Cut into small pieces, this Tropical Pizza, with ham, mango and bell peppers, is a delectable way to start the celebrations.
- Spicy Shrimp are fun to eat with your hands. Just be sure to have lots of napkins on hand!
- This Crab Salad with Papaya recipe isn’t just delicious – it looks fabulous, especially when served in in halved papayas, coconuts or pineapples.
- These Island Ribs deliver the perfect balance of sweet and heat.
- Tropical Grilled Mahi Mahi gets topped with a creamy, zesty sauce made with yogurt, hot peppers, garlic, lime and toasted coconut.
- Caribbean Spicy Chicken comes out nice and crispy on the BBQ, but the meat stays moist thanks to a mouthwatering marinade of rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, brown sugar, and seasonings.
To accompany those juicy mains, you need some fun sides:
- Easy Creamy Coleslaw helps cool your palate.
- Green Lentil, Banana & Sweet Potato Salad is an enticing, unusual option.
- Caribbean Charlotte pleases both cake and fruit lovers.
- The kids will want their pineapple forever grilled after trying Pineapples Aloha!
- It’s not an island party until you serve the drinks. Tropical Fruit Punch delivers a deep fruit-forward flavour without the alcohol.
Don’t forget the paper umbrellas! And have a wonderful staycation in the islands at home.