Tellers Bar & Lounge – A hidden gem in plain sight
What if I told you that there was a hotel restaurant and lounge right at Yonge & King with hotel service, vibrant atmosphere and a cosmopolitan bistro fare (available for dine in and take out) featuring local ingredients? With cocktails, craft beer and snacks to carry you through after work to dinner to even late night?
Think that’s great? Here are 10 more reasons to visit right now:
1. Teller’s Bar is located in the lobby of historic One King West, formerly Dominion Bank, established in 1879. The bar incorporates two of the Dominion Bank’s original teller wickets into the design of the tall bar tables.
2. It might not to visible from street side but just step through the front doors on King, back doors one street south on Melinda St., or how cool is this - exit right into the hotel lobby straight from Commerce Court PATH, - no jacket required.
3. No matter what time of day, Tellers has got you covered for breakfast, lunch, pre-dinner, dinner, and late night snacks and drinks.
4. Cool fact: Executive Chef Joe Grado often shops for local produce at the St. Lawrence Market to compose dishes at Teller’s, and once cooked for Bill Clinton, amongst other celebrities and royalty.
5. The diverse menu features an array of offerings from breakfast buffets ($14.95-$29.95) to Salmon Spinach Salad ($16), King Cobb Salad ($17) and Grilled AAA 8 oz. Rib Eye Steak ($36). And don’t forget dessert.
6. In a rush? Get yourself grab and go lunches, including fresh quick salads, because you’ve got to make those 30 minutes count.
7. The bar and lounge area is a perfect respite after a long workday.
Tanbir Kohinoor serves up fantastic cocktails in the bistro (seats 30) and bar and lounge (seats 50) areas. Hungry? Select options for cocktail hour such as sharing platters from lounge and late night menus.
8. One King West is home to both a hotel and condo building. It was one of the first duo concepts, before The Ritz-Carlton, Shangri-La and others followed.
9. Set in the heart of Financial District, power lunches just became a breeze. See you between 12pm-2pm.
10. You can dine like you’re staying at the hotel every day of the week.