5 food activities to do before summer's over
As we head into the last week of August, be sure to take advantage of all the foods and events that are here for just summer.
Add these top 5 food-centric events to your must-do list before summer's end:
1. Shop your local farmer's market, many of which stick around until October.
2. Go to the CNE and try a new dish! You've got until September 7th.
3. Eat at the new Front Street Foods @ Union Summer Market. It has been extended until Sept 27th.
4. The amazing Chef Corbin illustrates the joys of pickling, jamming and freezing summer fruits, in addition to how to liven up your summer produce in unusual ways.
5. Club Monaco, the long-standing clothing store at 157 Bloor St. at Avenue Rd., has opened a farmer’s market open seven days a week until the middle of October. Salads, baked goods, coffee, flowers are currently on offer outside – with new wardrobe items just in time for fall, available inside.