Giro d'Italia – Italian restaurant week coming to Toronto
Your dreams have finally come true - Toronto is getting its very own Italian Restaurant Week!
Giro d'Italia - a celebration of Italian fare - arrives next week. From Thursday January 26th to Sunday February 5th, take a culinary tour of ten regions in Italy, with ten of Toronto’s top Italian restaurants as your guide.
Over 11 days explore the regional cuisines of Abruzzo, Emilia Romagna, Friuli Venezia-Giulia, Lazia, Piemonte, Puglia, Sicilia, Toscana, Umbria, and Veneto through prezzo fisso (prix fixe) lunch (3 courses - $30) and dinner (4 courses - $45) menus.
Participating restaurants include:
- Locale Mercatto**
(All restaurants are offering dinner menus for this event. Additional lunch menus are available at select estblishments indicated with ** above.)
Maybe you can’t jet off to Puglia or Toscana right now, but you can experience the flavours right here in the city. Beat the winter blues with sumptuous dishes including:
- Egg Yolk & Ricotta Raviolo by Chef Cherie Dee Leal of Bricco Kitchen & Winebar
- Bigoli con L'Arna (Braised Duck with Chestnuts & Vento d’Estate) by Campagnolo’s Chef Craig Harding
- Scripelle 'Mbusse (Crepes with aged Pecorino in brodo) by Chef John Sinopoli of Ascari Enoteca
- Braised Oxtail with raisins, pine nuts & soft polenta by Enoteca Sociale’s Chef James Santo
- Scorza di Fagiolini con Ragù di Triglie ('bean pods', rockfish ragù, cherry tomatoes & toasted breadcrumbs) by Chef Andrew Milne-Allan of Zucca.
Giro d’Italia is put on by The Consorzio di Ristoranti Italiani, "a group of Italian restaurant owners and chefs working together to celebrate regional Italian cuisine through authentic food and experiences."
These seatings are sure to book up fast, so make reservations now.
(Note: please contact all restaurants directly.)