TIFF 2017 – The hottest restaurants and bars for celeb spotting
TIFF is about to take over the city.
Whether you’re heading off to see 20 films in 10 days or trying to catch a glimpse of your favourite actor or director, these are your best bets:
Grabbing a spot at a hotel bar or restaurant is smart. Between the press junkets, events and stars staying in rooms above, you’re practically guaranteed to see some action.
Your best bets are:
- Bisha Hotel (80 Blue Jays Way)
- The Broadview Hotel (106 Broadview Ave.)
- Four Seasons Toronto (60 Yorkville Ave.)
- The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen St. W.)
- Hazelton Hotel (118 Yorkville Ave.)
- Both locations of InterContinental Toronto (Centre 225 Front St. W. and Yorkville 220 Bloor St. W.)
- The Ritz-Carlton (181 Wellington St. W.) Psst, for the complete baller experience, get the Velvet Rope Experience, pictured above ($1,000 for two): a cocktail including Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac and 2009 Louis Roederer Cristal champagne, served with Glacier Bay oysters topped with Acadian wild sturgeon caviar (Available at Ritz Bar or DEQ Lounge from September 7 to 17).
- Shangri-La Hotel (188 University Ave.)
- Thompson Hotel (550 Wellington St W.)
- Windsor Arms (18 St Thomas St.)
Certain restos are also hotspots for celeb sightings:
- The Anne Boleyn (117 Peter St.) – Outstanding new British pub from the owners of Parts & Labour and Dog & Bear – with lush interior, elevated food and drinks – is just steps away from the action.
- BlueBlood Steakhouse (1 Austin Terrace) – Casa Loma’s new luxe steakhouse is sure to draw the crowd.
- Momofuku (190 University Ave.) – Insider tip: The Variety Studio (the portrait/video studio for top celebs) presented by AT&T is happening here. And happening at Momofuku Noodle Barfrom Sept 9 to 12: cast dinners, celebrity lunches and premiere parties.
- Montecito (299 Adelaide St. W.) – Co-owner/director Ivan Reitman has been bringing his friends and colleagues to the 12,000 square-feet restaurant since its debut back in August ’14. No doubt the swish eatery will be full of bold-faced names (Hint: Margot Robbie might be there in the next few days).
- Soho House Toronto (Bishop’s Building, 192 Adelaide St. W.) – This club will be bursting at the seams with A-listers, but sorry, only members are granted access.
- Sotto Sotto Ristorante (120 Avenue Rd.) – Legendary celebrity hangout Sotto Sotto is already booked to the hilt, but maybe you’ll see your favourite star on the way in or out.
- Spoke Club (600 King St. W.) – From the Villa Azure All White Affair Party on Thursday, Sept 7 to Sunday’s Festival Brunch (complete with champagne and bottle service), the fourth floor and rooftop patio will be bumpin’.
- STK (153 Yorkville Ave.) – The amount of events taking place here is staggering. Pick a spot by the door and you’re bound to see someone eventually.