10 Fast Facts About Summerlicious 2019
The prix fixe event of the season is returning next month. Here’s what you need to know about this year’s iteration:
1. Mark your calendar: Summerlicious runs for 17 days from Friday July 5th to Sunday July 21st.
2. You’ve got 194 dining destinations to choose from this year. Last year’s numbers were also shy of 200. In 2016, there were over 220 participating restaurants.
3. Reservations are now open – and strongly recommended.
4. Three-course lunch will set you back you $23, $28 and $33, with dinners ringing in at $33, $43 and $53 – before taxes and gratuity. To compare, 2016 prices were $18, $23 and $28 for lunch, with dinner at $28, $38 and $48.
5. Looking for something new? Seventeen restaurants have been added to this year’s mix:
Arkadia House Restaurant
Barista & Chef Café Bistro
Boland's Open Kitchen
CRAFT Beer Market
Fort York Tavern
Gatsby by Windsor Arms
Goa Indian Farm Kitchen
Mantra by Host
Queen of Persia
Soula's Modern Greek Cuisine
6. There’s an official ice cream sponsor this year. Select restos will have Häagen-Dazs ice cream as part of dessert in celebration of National Ice Cream Month (July) and National Ice Cream Day (July 21).
7. This year’s culinary program - Toronto’s Table produced by Toronto History – takes place throughout historic sites and museums around the city.
8. As always, you can search by cuisine. There are 46 this year including comfort food, tapas, steakhouse and vegan.
9. And you’ve got 13 neighbourhoods to discover: Annex, Danforth/Greektown, Downtown, East Toronto, Entertainment District, Liberty Village, Little Italy, Midtown Toronto, North Toronto, Old Toronto, West Toronto, and Yorkville.
10. Did you know that Summerlicious and Winterlicious were created by the the City of Toronto in 2003 as a way to boost Toronto’s restaurant industry during typically slow periods? In the years since the program’s inception, participating restaurants have doled out almost 7.5 million meals, generating over $331million in economic activity for the industry.