1. This smokehouse stretches over 4,000-square-feet.
Not only is STACK one of the best smokehouses in the city, it’s also one of the biggest. There’s even room for the big smoker on site in the dining room. The restaurant, now three years old, underwent recent renovations.
2. Everything is made from scratch, with locally sourced ingredients.
Owner Bill Panos grew up in the industry. His family had a diner. Bill would stand on a shoebox to wash dishes and became a waiter at 10 years old. He was taught at a young age the importance of good ingredients. He sources locally when possible and many meats are naturally raised.
3. Dishes are made from only fresh ingredients.
Many restaurants claim to use only fresh proteins and ingredients. Here’s it’s true - there’s no freezer on site.
4. STACK makes some of the city’s best BBQ and it’s all done in-house:
- Beef Brisket is brined in-house for days before smoking
- Premium Ontario Quarter Chicken and wings gets smoked daily
- Baby Back Ribs are not only hormone free – they’re double smoked
- Handmade ½ pound smoked jalapeno and cheddar sausage is pit-smoked and slightly charred on the grill.
5. The portions are generous.
Regular menu items are huge, but it’s The Ultimate Platter (feeds 3-5) with Baby Back Ribs, Quarter Chicken, Pulled Pork, Brisket and Smoked Meat, served with fresh-cut fries, mac & cheese, smoky molasses beans, slaw and fresh buns, that arrives on a huge metal traythat stuns. No matter how many times you see it, it will always amaze you.
6. It’s mighty hard, but you’ve got to save room for dessert!
Stack Donuts are warm mini doughnuts just like you have at The Ex every year, made to order, stacked in an epic tower, and then covered in your choice of glazes and sauces and toppings such as S’mores, Candy Sprinkles, Strawberry, and Oreo.
p.s. They are also available as a shake! The Cinnamon Doughnut Shake features the cinnamon doughnuts made to order, and blends them with rich vanilla ice cream. It’s then topped with whipped cream, cinnamon and a mini doughnut.
7. Because if you’re going to have ‘cue, you’ll want a beer or cocktail on hand.
Ontario Craft Beers are available exclusively on tap, while signature cocktails are available in refreshers or made with craft small batch vodka.
8. Just because it’s a smokehouse doesn’t mean there aren’t veggie-friendly items too.
With six salads, a daily homemade soup, Three Cheese Mac, Black Bean Burger, and lots of seafood options (Fish Tacos! Bang Bang Shrimp! Grilled or Crispy Calamari), it’s easy to eat without the meat.
9. The adults will be just as enamoured as the kiddies, because the STACK treasure chest of toys is the best EVER!
Some restaurants may give away little trinkets, but Bill is serious about kid’s enjoying themselves. In addition to a kid’s menu, he offers real toys for children to select from.
0. Owner Bill Panos gives back.
In addition to generously donating to local charities and causes, volunteering with Global Medic as a water specialist on the team. Last year, BilI received a medal from the Governor General of Ontario for his deployment to Haiti and volunteer work. He also sponsors three children through World Vision.
Check out our Facebook page for more pictures.